Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Into the Archives

I've been cleaning up my external hard drive, which largely consists of digging through a bunch of unsorted image folders.  That includes scans of some cards I haven't really given a second thought to in years.  So enjoy the trip as I take a stroll down memory lane.

I pulled this Troy Patton auto from a blaster around when the product released.  It seems like a long, long time ago - and obviously my collecting interests were completely different.

Patton never really lived up to the hype as a top prospect, moving to the pen after a rapid rise through the minors.  Still, he's turned in to a solid reliever for the Orioles.  But geeze, I really did hate the red/black color scheme the Astros had for the 00's.  I'm glad to see it gone.

No comments: