Sunday, September 22, 2013

Morning Mail



After spending some time in the archives this weekend, time for a little more recent acquisition.

Wade Miller was one of those guys you just like watching play, even though he never plays for your team.  Well, actually he continually plays against your team.

Miller and Roy Oswalt joined the Astros rotation in 2001, and despite the latter having more success at the big league level, Wade was always my guy.  He was a smart pitcher who just seemed to consistently get outs.  Particularly against the Pirates.

I had been hoping to add an autograph of his for a while, but I never found a certified version in the bargain bin.  So I was thrilled when I saw he had started signing ttm.  I can't say anything bad about these beautiful blue signatures on some nice early season cards of his.  Definitely a nice addition to cross off my wants list.


No comments: